PNP an easier way to Canadian Immigration: Getting Canadian immigration is not an easy task for those who are not able to score good in language proficiency test or not having required educational qualification or experience. All these things account to your total CRS score, which directly impacts your chances of getting ITA, an invitation for PR.
If your CRS score is low and you have been waiting for long to achieve cutoff score, don’t loose heart, you have another easier way to Canadian Immigration, i.e. PNP program.
What is PNP program?
PNP stands for Provincial Nomination Program. There are 10 provinces and 3 territories in Canada. Each one of them is having its very own immigration program, with different criteria’s to be full filled. Yes, there is one exception in the PNP program, and that is the province of Quebec. The province of Quebec is having its separate program, which we will discuss later.
How PNP works?
Just like Express Entry program, you must apply for the PNP program of the particular province you are interested in or the province which suits you as per your credentials. You must qualify for the program with required educational qualification, experience and working skills to get nomination from the given province.
Once your application is received by the particular province, you will be informed about the processing time. Your application will be assessed as per the job requirements in that particular province’s labor market. if your skills and experience matches the job requirements, your chances of getting nominations are good.
Two types of PNP Nomination streams:
- Nomination Under Express Entry
- Nomination Under Non Express Entry
– Nomination Under Express Entry: Now, its really important to know that you must have applied for Express Entry program prior to applying for provincial nomination program because provinces will ask for your records from the express entry pool only. After your application is approved you will get 600 points and will get the nomination to apply for permanent residency of Canada. You may refer it as Enhanced nominations.
– Nomination Under non Express Entry: This type of nominations are also known as Base nominations. In this case prior to applying to federal system, you must acquire nomination certificate by going through the criteria for that particular PNP program and apply for the same.
What are different types of PNP programs available?
Here is the list of available PNP programs:
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program(AINP)
- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BCPNP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program(MPNP)
- Nova Scotia PNP
- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program
- North west Territories Nominee Program(NTNP)
- Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program(OINP)
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program(PEI PNP)
- SasKatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program(SINP)
- Yokon Nominee Program(YNP)
Which is the best PNP program for Canada?: Well, it all depends on your qualification, eligibilities and other factors. Some PNP programs that suit you, may not be good for your friend having different experience and qualification. But if check out the reason why people opt for these programs, we’ll find CRS as the main reason for applying for PNP program, right. So considering this as a parameter OINP is good because you may get an invitation at lower score and language is your hurdle you may choose SINP because they have lower English eligibility requirements.
In the end, I must say PNP programs act as a breather for those who for some reasons are not able to reach cutoff scores but you have to pay an extra cost in the form of fees etc. They may cost around 1000 to 1500 CAD, depending on different available programs. Secondly, you have to wait for a longer time, which may extend up to year or more.Tags: Canadian Immigration, Immigration to Canada, PNP an easier way to Canadian Immigration, PNP programme, PNP programme for Canadian Immigration